Senior Financial Analyst (with advancement potential into Management)
Prepares annual operating and capital budgets for designated divisions or business units as well as their related 5-year business plans. Tracks performance against budget, identifies gaps versus actual results, and develops recommendations to improve financial results. Researches and provides financial and business-related analyses to assess the impact of various projects, systems, and transactions. Responsible for analyzing performance, identifying problems, and driving process improvements in support of their designated divisions.
- Prepares the annual operating and capital budget as well as the 5-year business plan, coordinating with operations management to quantify the impact of operational initiatives and changes versus prior years.
- Works regularly with business leaders to support key goals of the division and to position Finance as a trusted partner.
- Evaluates monthly performance against the budget, identifies explanations for variances, looking for opportunities for improvement.
- Provides early diagnostic data to assist management in the development of action plans to improve financials when needed.
- Develops and executes strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Conducts detailed analyses leveraging large and complex data sets in such areas as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital, and investment.
- Implements and advises on pricing strategy; leverages strong negotiation skills along with a detailed oriented, data-driven approach to pricing that protects profit margins; performs daily execution of pricing requests.
- Participates in department and interdepartmental planning and management teams and works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
- Drives the development of department procedures and performance measures.
- Develops and maintains cost estimates, forecasts, and cost models.