Senior Financial Analyst – Planning and Analysis
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a leading publicly traded company in the area; firm continues to grow while most others in our industry (and in Hartford) continue to shrink.
- They feel strongly about developing their employees.
- Recognized for demonstrating consistent, strong risk- adjusted returns relative to their peers and successfully deliver exceptional performance and provide long-term value.
- The company has a high sense of community involvement:
- They match donations from employees to non-profits such as educational organizations, the arts, health and human services and environmental organizations.
- They offer excellent benefits, with health benefits starting on day 1 of hire (!), solid 401K match, vacation/holiday and sick time.
- Some of the employee reviews, include things like:
- “If you are self-motivated and focused, you'll have all the space you need to get your work done. It was exciting to be part of a budding company!”
- “Very progressive company, they really try to expand into new markets, and keep up with new ideas”
Overview of the Senior Financial Analyst role:
- This Senior Financial analyst will work under the AVP of FP&A and work independently on time-line driven projects.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining analysis for senior management and assist in preparation of executive-level presentations and management reports.
- This Senior Financial Analyst will prepare operating expense budgets in support of the annual financial planning and reforecasting process
- Analysis of financial results to budget and reforecasts and prepare variance analyses
- Ad hoc projects
Preferred Qualifications for the Senior Financial Analyst:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel.
- 3-4 years of financial analysis experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.