Senior Financial Analyst
We have partnered with a premier Twin Cities company to assist them in adding a talented Senior Financial Analyst to their team. This employee friendly organization is recognized for providing excellent upward advancement opportunities while also providing employees a very healthy work-life balance.
About the Senior Financial Analyst Role:
The Financial Analyst, FP&A will provide financial reporting, analysis and decision support to both corporate & divisional departments as well as assist the overall FP&A department with consolidation, reporting, forecasting and analytics. This role is cost center and expense-focused and will have its own specific areas of accountability (e.g., specific corporate/divisional department(s) and/or expense line items). The successful analyst would be cross-functionally trained within the FP&A department.
Analysis and Decision Support:
- Provide concise, effective and actionable financial results and analyses
- Provide financial analytical support to departments, with a focus on capital and expense reduction
- Develop and measure KPIs for Corporate & Divisional cost reduction initiatives and partner cross-divisionally to share best practices company-wide
- Support overall Corporate FP&A department with ad hoc projects, including variance analysis and other business critical initiatives
Reporting, Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Key support on quarterly Business Alignment Meetings, Presentations, P&L modeling and ad hoc projects; Assist with company-wide preparation of monthly consolidated management reporting with focus on corporate & divisional departments
- Help drive the execution, consolidation and reporting of different planning cycles, with a focus on process improvement, timeliness and accuracy
- Assist with the annual budget and planning process, forecasts and short / long term range plans – with a focus on variance analysis / cause of change
- Analyze and report monthly on variances to budget and latest forecast to help drive understanding of business results
- Assist with critical process improvement initiatives with an eye towards ensuring strong operational controls, simplified transparancy and efficiency
- Specials projects and assignments as needed