Senior Financial Analyst / Senior Accountant
The Senior Financial Analyst / Senior Accountant position plays a significant role in the finance team’s accounting, financial analysis and business decision support for corporate accounting. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated, results-oriented individual who combines a strong background and knowledge of information, accounting and reporting systems and financial accounting and reporting skills. This person should have proven interpersonal skills that allow the individual to influence and interact at all levels of the organization. The candidate should have a proven track record of collaboration and teamwork to drive financial performance and process improvements that are aligned with strategic and operational goals and objectives.
- Accounting Systems - Update, reconcile and maintain the Hyperion financial reporting system for month-end actual and quarterly forecast and budget data. This includes performing the monthly extraction, translation and reconciliation of month-end closing data from SAP into HFM, and the quarterly/annual loading of forecast and budget data from Hyperion planner into HFM, as well as creating and continuously maintaining all relevant process and system documentation.
- Process Improvements – Identify, develop, implement and drive continuous improvements in the corporate finance area. Play a leadership role in financial, operational, and system process re-engineering of accounting and reporting activities to achieve organizational objectives.
- Accounting - Perform the monthly accounting and closing activities of the general ledger and subsidiary financial systems for Selling, General and Administrative (SG&A) spending. Reconcile transactions with Company affiliates, including completion of month-end account reconciliations, application of confirmation procedures, and forecasting/budgeting related accounts. Assist with internal and external auditor requirements
- Financial Analysis - Analyze company personnel costs including medical and dental benefits, 401K, flexible spending accounts, and other benefit costs, and corporate metrics such as headcount, labor overhead allocations and other indicators. Compile results of analysis and effectively report results to senior management.
- Controls-Develop, implement and maintain control policies and procedures consistent with Company’s control framework and act as a financial resource to other corporate functions regarding these initiatives. Monitor controls over capital expenditures and fixed asset transactions.
- Documentation-Lead the effort to ensure that all relevant business process and system documentation pertaining to the corporate finance function is developed and continuously maintained.
- Other-Design and lead special projects and other assigned activities as directed by Company management.