VP Sr. Credit Risk Review Specialist – Highly visible Role, Opportunity for Growth
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a leading financial holding company, specialize in community banking services, wealth management, and more headquartered in the Chicago market.
- This is a new position, due to growth and will report to the SVP, Head of Credit Review.
- The company is well-established and has been recognized by Chicago Tribune as the top 100 workplaces for 6 years in a row.
- The company has a high sense of community and values teamwork
- They are heavily involved in various high-profile fundraising events and charity giving
- They offer excellent benefits, including 401K match, healthcare, career advancement, annual bonus plan & work/life balance.
- Some of the employee reviews, include things like:
- “Stable company with good benefits”
- “Client focused. Cares about their clients and employees. the company demonstrates this through awards, benefits, events, charity, and focus on excellent customer service.”
- “Continually growing, easy to find jobs in the company”
- “Good benefits and great 401k”
Overview of the Assistant Controller role:
- Help evaluate portfolio for loan sampling and selection
- Ensure loan underwriting standards adhere to policy and procedures
- Ensure policy exceptions are appropriate and mitigated effectively
- Review loan documentation for adherence to policy and procedure and to all relevant law and regulations
- Ensure loan is documented in accordance with credit approval
- Review follow up and due diligence of financial statement, documentation, covenant, and other administrative exceptions
- Participate in the overall assessment of portfolio credit quality
- Assess risk rating accuracy, timeliness of grade changes and appropriateness of supporting rationale
- Ensure adversely classified assets are identified and have appropriate action plans in place
- Prepare loan officer reports for individual credits reviewed
- Prepare manager report for individual business unit reviewed
- Assist with preparation and presentation of quarterly review to appropriate business units and internal committee
- Assist in the preparation of special reports that identify risk management issues with corresponding corrective action