Senior Credit Analyst - Houston, Texas
Provide the bank with a sound, independent and objective assessment and recommendation on risk factors associated with large, complex structures & transactions related to Middle Market & Corporate private & publicly traded commercial and corporate enterprises.
• Spread financial statements on Moody's software and prepare comprehensive analysis on bank-prepared templates.
• Accurately review and measure the financial condition and operating performance of large commercial & corporate enterprises.
• Provide an independent and objective assessment of risk factors associated with revolving lines of credit, trade financing, asset-based facilities, owner-occupied loans, including income producing properties for private or publicly-traded business enterprises within the Bank's credit policies, and make recommendations on conditions/covenants relating to loan structure to adequately assess the risk involved in the proposed facilities.
• Ability to meet the minimum requirement of completing one large & complex (1) financial analysis per week with a high degree of accuracy in terms of figures and credit risk assessment, with minimum of supervision.
• Interact with Loan Officers in order to enhance the quality of information for underwriting purposes.
• Assist the Credit Manager in the training process of Junior Analysts and revising changes to credit policies & procedures.
• Back up function for other operational roles performed in the department, as required by supervisor.
• Assist Credit Services Manager in special projects that may be assigned.
• Assist the Credit Manager in the training process of new credit analysts. Specifically, assist the trainees in the following: adopting the operating procedures of the department, the various formats used, and credit criteria applied to the different types of analysis.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Department Assistant Manager or Credit Services Manager
• Identify, evaluate, monitor and make any recommendation deemed necessary to the Risk Management Committee in order to assess, reduce, eliminate or control any current or prospective risks to earnings or capital arising from violations of, or nonconformance with, laws, rules regulations, prescribed practices, internal policies and procedures or ethical standards.
• Ensure preventive measures are carried out to fully comply with current rules, regulations and internal policies relating to risks pertaining to BSA, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and other AML related issues
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
BA in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration/Economics or related disciplines.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
At least 7 years of underwriting & structuring experience of Middle Market & Corporate transactions, including asset-based loans.
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
Detailed oriented, superior math skills, good analytical and writing skills a must.
Ability to work independently and produce high quality financial analyses, including credit risk evaluation, and loan structuring.
Working knowledge and understanding of bank credit policies and products.
Preferably bilingual, English-Spanish.
MS Office Skills, including MS Word Advanced, MS Excel Advanced, MS Powerpoint Advanced, MS Project Level II and MS Visio Level I required.
For full job description and to apply online please visit our website at www.amerantbank.com/careers