Northern Trust is seeking a Sr. Consultant – Financial Controls for their location in Tempe, AZ and Chicago, IL.
Relocation assistance is provided.
The Sr. Consultant – Financial Controls will work with Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services, a Global fund administrator, specializing in administering assets of complex hedge funds. The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function as an effective and strategic member in a dynamic, fast-paced and demanding environment. This individual will have a strong technical accounting background, experience working within the Financial Services industry and a proven track record of working well with and leading others.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
● Review month end net asset valuation packages
● Prepare and review regulatory filings on behalf of client, as necessary (e.g. Form PF, CPO-PQR, AIFMD)
● Review year-end Financial Statements and work directly with external auditors and client to ensure accuracy of each fund’s annual reports
● Interact with client and other shared services teams to obtain understanding of funds’ activities on a month to month basis
● Work closely with technology resources to problem solve and improve processes that increase scalability
● Drive the accounting responsibilities related to new client launches and conversions
● Assist in building a high-performance team through learning, development and recruiting
● Actively participate within Financial Control working groups responsible for executing strategic initiatives
● Work integrally with international partners to troubleshoot queries and provide feedback related to the compilation of the month end net asset valuation packages
Knowledge / Skills
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office applications
● Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and with accuracy
● Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
● Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a team environment
● Client focused
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,100 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As Of June 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation Had $135 billion in banking assets, $8.1 trillion in assets under custody, $10.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration, $1.1 trillion in assets under management.