The candidate for this position should be proficient in project accounting, financial reporting, and have a general understanding of the construction and development sectors. Experience with project accounting software and/or construction accounting software is a plus.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
o Timely preparation, review, and distribution of all financial reporting packages, including preparation of full-cycle monthly close-out procedures and checklist.
o Direct all aspects of construction accounting operations and oversee transactions related to GL, A/P, A/R and job costing.
o Process and manage all A/P invoices and payments to contractors and suppliers when construction draws are funded.
o Review all monthly job cost reconciliations.
o Oversee cash management functions for all projects, including bank reconciliations and cash flow tracking.
o Maintain general ledger, cost code accounts and vendor list for all projects.
o Update and maintain system control files and general accounting maintenance in the company's construction accounting software databases.
o Work directly with construction management staff ensuring proper compliance with accounting procedures including reviewing and analyzing job cost estimates, budgets, and budget adjustments.
o Support the Director of Construction with real-time, work-in-progress reporting data.
o Ability to work both independently and within a small team environment.
o Reconcile development fees and general condition fees.
Key Selection Criteria
• 5+ years of accounting, finance and related management experience required (in property, land, or construction management).
• Bachelor's degree required (accounting, finance, or business-related discipline preferred); advanced degree or CPA would be desirable but not necessary
• A demonstrated track record of upward mobility and the ability to tackle, synthesize and grasp complex real estate transactions in a Real Estate environment.
• Strong technical GAAP and real estate accounting experiences preferably in both larger as well as middle-market scrappy high-growth Real Estate organizations where there is a need to wear many hats.
• Fluency in various Real Estate software packages (ideally MRI and Foundation) but we are open to transferable ERP programs as long as you demonstrate the ability to leverage technology. Also, must be highly adept in MS Office, (and any database experience would be preferred).For consideration, please contact:
Derrick Coleman - Managing Director
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]