Senior Commercial Real Estate Credit Analyst
The Senior Commercial Real Estate Credit Analyst will provide the Bank with a sound, independent and objective assessment of complex CRE loans including syndicated loans for purchasing, refinancing, repositioning and Development & Construction of income producing properties [multifamily, retail, office, warehouse and hotel] primarily located within AMTB's lending territory, which includes South Florida [Tri-County area], Metro Houston and New York City.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Analysis of real estate purpose loans, primarily the acquisition/refinancing of the five core property types consisting of multifamily/apartments, office-warehouse/flex space, retail/shopping center, hotel/motel. In addition, acquisition, development & construction loans and large syndicated loans are also analyzed at CRE Credit Analyst level. Assess all aspects of project feasibility. Review and analyze construction budgets and if necessary, plans and approvals. Issue credit recommendations based on a thorough identification and evaluation of transactional risks and pursuant to the bank's credit policy, procedural guidelines and risk tolerance.
- Perform collateral valuations using direct capitalization approach for smaller properties and discounted cash flow analysis for large complex commercial properties.
- Perform repayment and market analysis for all property types.
- Analyze and spread personal financial statements and personal tax returns in order to ascertain financial strength of individual guarantors.
- Conduct global real estate cash flow in order to establish overall exposure and performance of real estate portfolio.
- Ability to meet a minimum of one (1) financial analysis per week with a high degree of accuracy in terms of figures and credit risk assessment.
- Interact with Sponsors/Borrowers as well as Business Relationship and Portfolio Managers to enhance the quality of information required for underwriting purposes.
- Assist in the training process of junior credit analysts. Specifically, assist the trainees in adopting the operating procedures of the department, the formats used for credit analysis purposes, and the credit criteria applied to the different types of analysis.
- Ensure preventive measures are carried out to fully comply with current rules, regulations and internal policies relating to risks pertaining to BSA, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and other AML related issues
- Identify, evaluate, monitor and make any recommendation deemed necessary to the Risk Management Committee in order to assess, reduce, eliminate or control any current or prospective risks to earnings or capital arising from violations of, or nonconformance with, laws, rules regulations, prescribed practices, internal policies and procedures or ethical standards.
- Ability to structure loans to mitigate risks, make professional presentation regarding credit transactions to loan committee and professionally communicate the results of the analysis; maintain current knowledge of trends and developments in the assigned market; perform risk ratings; perform annual reviews; perform additional analysis or evaluations as required during the term of existing loans. (i.e. partial releases, evaluations of loan reserves, modifications etc.); prescreen loan proposals and make recommendations regarding those proposals.
- Conduct site visits together with Relationship Manager and tour different property types.
Functional Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
Must be a team player, have the ability to work under pressure, have a professional image and be able to resolve problems and conflicts. Must be able to prioritize work and effectively manage time and have the ability to manage change. Must possess strong business communications skills such as advanced writing, listening and have basic office and mathematics skills, and customer service skills. Possession of professional skills such as report writing, advanced statistics, effective presentation skills, creative skills, budgeting, ethics management and conducting effective meetings and research assessment are required. Must possess sales and negotiation skills.
Minimum Education and/or Certifications Requirements:
BA in finance/accounting/Business Administration, Economics or Real Estate required. related disciplines
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
Minimum five years of commercial real estate credit analysis experience.
Technical and/or Other Essential Knowledge:
Detail oriented, superior math skills, good analytical and writing skills a must. Ability to work independently and produce high quality financial analyses, including credit risk evaluation and loan structuring. Working knowledge and understanding of the Bank's Credit Policy and products. Experience with MS Outlook, Internet and MS Office Skills, including MS Word Advanced, MS Excel Advanced, MS PowerPoint Advanced, and other MS Office Tools.
Physical Demands. Air-conditioned office environment using computers 90% of the time. The other 10% talking to lending officers by phone or in person to obtain additional information or for clarification purposes.
Stressors: Numbers of credit analysis requests; quality standards versus time constraints to cover required weekly turnover while serving at the same time the Bank's marketing and lending deadlines.