Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst will act as a key contributor in MGM Resorts International’s Business Solutions organization through functional and technical requirements capture and design collaboration. Core responsibilities include capturing high-level customer functional and technical requirements, analyzing business processes, and supporting design / build / test execution of related Business Solutions demand. The Analyst collaborates with all technology disciplines, business, vendors, and customers to analyze, define, and develop requirements to ensure solutions are developed in support of the business.
- Act as liaison between end-users, application architects, project team members, and information technology cross-disciplines, business stakeholders etc., to ensure what is being deployed will successfully deliver on the business goals
- Lead workshops and discovery sessions to capture requirements, analyze and assess current state capabilities, and analyze business and IT processes by gathering input from a variety of sources
- Make recommendations for the business systems analyst standards, procedures, templates, and best practices
- Mentor and train members of the business system analyst team
- Translate captured requirements into detailed requirements documentation to ensure clear and complete requirements for solution delivery and testing
- Document/Create “To Be Process” using various tools as appropriate
- Understand existing MGM Resorts applications by line of business and the interaction of applications individually and as they relate to other applications across lines of business
- Act as an application subject matter expert
- Articulate how requirements map to and impact the application/s
- Collaborate with Application Architects, Business Solutions Executives, delivery leads, and end users to design appropriate solutions
- Create and maintain workflow diagrams, data flow definitions, functional design documentation, requirements/traceability deliverables, technical documentation, application documentation, and training documentation
- Assist in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, regression, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing
- Participate in quality management reviews, in particular reviews of the testing output, POCs, Pilots, and other identified work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements
- Complete cost benefit analysis, ROI, and other financial analyses for related business lines related to system upgrades, replacements, and changes
- Create Business Case for related business lines to support system upgrades, replacements, and changes
- Identify and support execution of process improvement opportunities
- Prioritize requirements and create conceptual design documentation of completed process
- Adhere to enterprise standards, guidelines, and methodologies
- Identify risks and issues and escalate as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 4 years of experience as a Technical/Business/Business Systems Analyst or equivalent.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- CBAP Certified.
- At least 7 years of experience as a business analyst, architect, or developer.
- At least 5 years of experience in an IT delivery organization.
- At least 5 years of experience in a Hospitality, Gaming, or related field.
- Previous experience in hospitality or related industry.