Basic Function of the Position: Create insights by analyzing large data sets and connecting them with key information to drive business and industry intelligence. Support product development for Market Research and improve existing deliverables. Manage business intelligence projects and communicate results to external teams.
Critical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Extract, transform and analyze business and market data using SQL, MS Access, MS Excel and other BI tools to drive impactful business decisions.
• Develop data visualizations in Tableau and other tools to create reports and other deliverables for company and industry.
• Forecast sales outlook for numerous consumer technology products.
• Communicate insights from data analysis in written reports and oral presentations.
• Contribute to research product development by leveraging data analysis and visualization skills.
• Assist in the production of company's bi-annual industry forecasts and quarterly market reports.
• Engage with company member companies and other sources to collect industry intelligence through data reports, interviews, surveys and secondary research.
• Other duties as required by business needs.
• 3+ years in a Business Analyst, Financial Analyst or Data Analyst position.
• Bachelors degree in business, finance, accounting, etc.
• Expertise in using SQL/T-SQL to extract data from databases and create programs and applications using SQL Server stored procedures and functions
• Experience designing and maintaining relational databases
• Knowledgeable in data visualization tools including Tableau
• Advanced programming skills in MS Excel
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask under tight deadlines
• Dexterity managing several projects simultaneously
• Keen interest in technology
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
• Track record of working successfully both independently as well in a team
• Highly motivated self-starter with evidence of intellectual curiosity and creativity