The New York Stock Exchange (an Intercontinental Exchange company) is seeking a Senior Analyst that can fill both a Business and a Data Analyst role in the Product Management Group. This group provides development and support services for enterprise applications used across all of NYSE's Trading platforms. The experienced Senior Business/Data Analyst supporting Referential Data and Trading Technologies will provide both statistical analysis and data mining support to deliver enhance business, operational and customer reporting for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
Take ownership of requirements and delivery through full project lifecycle:
- Collaborate closely with business, technical and operational stakeholders to identify and prioritize functional and technical enhancements, elicit functional needs and define innovative yet implementable functional requirements
- Determine business and operational objectives by analyzing existing business functions
- Critically evaluate information, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information
- Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports.
- Perform scenario analysis and functional coverage
- Document business processes through workflow diagrams
- Maintain traceability of functional specifications to business requirements/objectives
- Design wireframes/mock-ups of functional requirements
- Analyze and evaluate test cases to ensure adequate test coverage on requirements
- Support business teams in Data querying and analysis to recognize trends, identify outliers and support the decision making process
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree from a leading business school or university – Masters preferable.
- Requires 5+ years of related professional experience (BA or management consulting).
- Requires 3+ years data analyst experience
- Requires 3+ years’ experience in a financial industry/financial services.
- Energetic, motivated, with a strong work ethic, willing to take on challenging tasks
- Desire to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment, yet comfortable working independently and taking on time sensitive assignments.
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Excellent level of knowledge & experience using both Waterfall & Agile development methodologies
- In-depth experience in Structured Query Language (SQL) preferred.
- Knowledge of relational databases and concepts
- Ability to understand and interpret complex data relationships and queries preferred.
- Able to actively participate in data design/modeling discussions.
- Experience with JIRA, Sharepoint and ServiceNow a plus.
Competencies are the skills and behaviors that are critical both to your personal performance and to ICE’s continued success. The core competencies apply to every member of staff working for ICE.
- Offers time and/or assistance to colleagues; is widely regarded and respected as someone to go to for help
- Fosters friendly and cooperative relationships with others; colleagues enjoy working with the
- Shares knowledge and mentors staff; works to develop others’ knowledge as well as own
- Gives and shares credit as appropriate
- Contributes to recruiting and training efforts of others, including candidate referrals, job interviews and mentoring
- Attends and participates in company and department level functions inside and outside of the office
Problem-Solving & Decision-Making
- Demonstrates an understanding of the urgent nature of our business and the need to proactively find and fix problems quickly and effectively takes ownership and follows through on decisions; doesn’t minimize or forget about problems
- Determines and fixes root causes rather than just treating symptoms
- Applies novel techniques to solve problems that are more ambiguous; challenges long-held beliefs when necessary
- Quickly and effectively identifies alternative solutions and the pros/cons of each; confirms that a proposed solution has no unintended consequences
- Takes steps to mitigate risk
- Consults with colleagues and recommends solutions based on the best interests of customers and shareholders, even when the opinion is unpopular
- Actively listens and speaks to, not over, others
- Uses clear and constructive language orally and in writing
- Communicates important developments to the relevant and appropriate audiences in a timely and consistent manner
- Asks follow-up questions to ensure all points are understood
- Takes time to objectively listen to all viewpoints before forming an opinion
- Builds consensus among differing views
Professionalism & Integrity
- Makes a positive impression; represents the company well on the phone and in person, including maintaining attire and appearance that is consistent with company image and appropriate for employee’s role
- Models a ‘can-do’ attitude and takes initiative as a self-starter; inspires and motivates others to do the same
- Embraces, rather than resists, additional responsibilities
- Refrains from office gossip; settles rather than creates conflict with and between others
- Exhibits desired work habits including regular office hours and extra hours when necessary while minimizing breaks and non-work related activities
- Adheres to all corporate policies; makes prudent use of company resources
LOCATIONNY: New York (11 Wall Street)
FULL TIME / PART TIMEFull time
ICE is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.