Senior Auditor (Must speak English and Spanish)
Outstanding Company- Great Benefits- Amazing Culture
The Senior Auditor will develop and execute financial and operational risk based audits, test Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404 ('SOX-404') controls and lead special projects and investigations in accordance with the internal audit plan. The incumbent will be responsible for conducting all work in accordance with Internal Audit standards. This includes audit planning, developing internal audit scopes and objectives, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports that reflect the results of the work performed. Additionally, the Senior Auditor performs follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues. Work will include company-wide coverage, focusing on financial, operational and internal control processes.
- Independently conduct complex audit projects and special assignments.
- Act as project manager/team lead on assigned audits.
- Evaluate the adequacy of internal control and processes through detailed testing.
- Compile audit findings and recommend value-added revisions to systems and procedures.
- Communicate audit findings to management in well written reports.
- Manage follow-up of open audit issues and facilitate agreement with business process owner to ensure timely closure of action plans.
- Support the SOX-404 process, including scoping, planning, walkthroughs, testing and status reporting.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes, areas, and functions.
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
- Ability to interact well with internal and external parties regarding audit-related questions.
- Detail orientated ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Superior analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word and VISIO.
- Experience with ORACLE, IDEA and/or Audit Command Language (ACL
- Knowledge of GAAP, Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO), SOX, and Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards and Practice Advisories.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 3 years of experience in financial and operational auditing required
- Experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying team members required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) preferred
- Written and verbal proficiency with English as well as Spanish required, Portuguese a plus