Senior Audit Associate - Pays up to $85K base
Outstanding Company with Amazing Benefits & Culture
We are currently seeking a Senior Audit Associate for our Boston Office, We're looking for someone with 1-4 years of public accounting experience.
- Obtains and documents a basic understanding of clients' internal control policies and procedures; tests operating effectiveness.
- Completes audit work papers and performs audit testing procedures on audit areas fundamental to the financial statements.
- Assists the manager in preparing financial statements including required footnotes and supplemental schedules.
- Help develop audit plans and audit work paper templates (in coordination with audit manager).
- Execute audit tests (internal control and substantive) using approved audit plans and standardized audit work paper templates.
- Review audit work papers completed by staff prior to submission to audit manager.
- Help troubleshoot potential exceptions (i.e. obtain additional documentation/clarification to support/refute potential exceptions noted during field work testing).
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required
- A minimum of 2 years of audit, accounting, or financial and management advisory services with knowledge of GAAP and GAAS is required
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Familiarity with Word and Excel
- CPA not required however 150 credit hour eligibility and pursuit of certification is encouraged
- Candidates must have a vehicle that can be used for work travel