Fixed Income - QMS (Quantitative Modeling Stratefy)
Application Support Engineer
About our client:
Our client is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of September 30, 2020, the firm has $946 billion of assets under management including $402 billion in institutional assets, $187 billion in retail assets, and $357 billion in proprietary assets. Over 848 institutional asset owners have entrusted us with their assets.
Who We Are:
Our technology group is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with exciting changes on the horizon under new senior leadership. We are looking for a well-rounded, senior application support engineer like you to liaise between our external vendors, end users and technology team to provide oversight and stability within our production environment. You will have proven experience in supporting complex investment management platforms and applications. This will include front-office investment systems, business support applications and complex back-office data management and automation platforms. You will identify this challenge as a unique and valuable opportunity to help drive our global technology transformation.
What You Will Do:
• Provide application support for systems used by our Quantitative Strategies, Portfolio Analytics and Investment Risk division; troubleshooting business issues, solving problems to diverse investment teams and product aligned business areas
• Ownership and accountability for the operation, monitoring and integrity of the technology platform, including complex nightly data import processes from multiple external vendors
• Triage and escalation support for members of the broader technology team including evenings and weekends on a rotation basis
• Detect support issues patterns and draw statistics from tickets collected in order to hold development teams accountable for near-term tactical and strategic fix.
• Ownership and participation in the incident and problem management processes, being accountable for resolution, root cause analysis and technology/business reporting as well as communication
• Providing oversight for the stability of the production environment within the change management process and ensuring policies are enforced
• Own minor development tasks/projects that help address existing bugs or introduce operational enhancements to the broader business community or our technology organization
• Navigate the broader technology organization, build relationships to manage the team's agenda with our critical technology partners
• Interface with external vendors and their technical support/development organizations ensuring focus to resolution of issues and strategic enhancements Proactively identify improvements and address them through independent thinking within a consensus driven team
• Work in close partnership with the development teams to identify, escalate and help persistent patterns of issues
• Partner closely with testing and release control teams to move tested code into production
What You Will Need:
• 10+ years of experience in financial services technology, ideally with a focus in investment management.
• Strong understanding of the SDLC process, with a focus on application support and release management
• Technical fluency to use your software coding skills to automate manual processes in the production environment (python hands-on experience preferred)
• A hunger for continuous improvement, constantly looking for opportunities to improve upon the status quo and a desire to improve the support experience for our business and technology teams
• Ability to promptly escalate issues at the time of resolution in order to make them visible and seek guidance when needed
• Ability write and enrich our documentation base and prepare step by step run books to propagate the knowledge to other team members
• Experience supporting applications hosted on the cloud (AWS experience preferred)
• Experience with the use of Enterprise Scheduling/workflow software (Autosys preferred)
• Direct experience with the Atlassian product suite, including JIRA and Confluence.
• Experience using service management tools (ServiceNow preferred)
• Experience with Sybase and MS SQL Server (SQL database query and reporting experience preferred)
• Experience with the use and capabilities of ETL software, with a strong preference for Pentaho
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.