Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Analyst of Tax Operations, we count on you to assist in the preparation, analyzation, and review of the federal and state compliance for the company's domestic and international entities.
More specifically, you will:
- Ensure that compliance is technically and mathematically accurate and all proper disclosures are completed.
- Ensure compliance files are thoroughly and contemporaneously documented and are maintained in IRS and State audit ready format. This includes supporting the accounting for income taxes in accordance with GAAP (ASC 740) and IFRS (if and when implemented).
- Complete reporting as required for the US Tax Compliance (Forms 1120, 8858, and 5471).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the US Internal Revenue Code, and ability to research, understand, and document tax technical positions utilizing available research software (i.e., RIA, CCH, BNA).
- Support the Audit Controversy team with our audits by providing guidance and assistance as needed.
- Assist the team in the design and implementation of process improvements, which will lead to acceleration of processes, while maintaining accuracy of calculations and strength of internal controls.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Self-starters, who are proactive, take initiative in implementing goals and strives to stay up to date on the latest tax knowledge
- Collaborative and organized teammates, who thrive in an interdependent work-culture
- Proven problem solvers, flexible and creative in finding solutions
- Accountable individuals, who make excellent use of their time-management skills to exceed in meeting deadlines, communicate results, and recommend improvements
- Persuasive communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all level
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Two (2) years of corporate or public accounting experience in the area of income tax
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proficiency with corporate financial reporting tools (i.e., PeopleSoft, SAP, or similar tools)
- Proficiency in corporate tax software systems (i.e., Corptax, OneSource or similar tax software systems)
- Understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, specifically those relating to tax reporting (i.e., FAS 109, FIN48) and Internal Revenue Code
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- Three (3) years corporate or public accounting experience in the area of income tax
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- Hospitality industry experience
- Familiarity with US GAAP, specifically those relating to tax reporting (i.e., FAS 109, FIN48, FAS 5, FAS 123R)
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!