Hilton's Finance team is responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) manages the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provides Hilton Team Members the chance for challenging career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Analyst of Revenue Accounting, you will have a dynamic partnership with the Team Lead of Revenue Accounting and partner on specific team initiatives. You will be assigned a dedicated portfolio of hotels in which you will manage balancing the revenue from rooms, banquets/events, and outlets. You will have the opportunity to partner with analysts to review audits and ensure accuracy.
More specifically, you will:
- Balance and code revenue from source systems. Revenue types may include but not limited to revenue from rooms, banquets/events, rebates/promotions, third parties, and outlets.
- Balance credit card transactions from point of sales system to system of record.
- Review and process adjustments based on identified variances and prepare a summary report of the balancing outcomes periodically.
- Report results to others to explain and decipher findings.
- Build positive connections of both constructive and dynamic working relationships with other finance departments and corporate departments you support.
- Collaborate with your Team Lead and Manager to establish specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish both project and department goals/initiatives.
- Attend staff meetings pertinent to work assignments.
- Research and provide a response to information requests from internal departments and management.
- Perform other duties as assigned for the continued success and growth of department and to meet changing business needs.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for dynamic teammates, who are passionate about using their extraordinary analytical skills to solve hard problems. We believe that business insight combined with a love for building positive partnerships is the best way to bring projects to completion. Success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Critical thinkers, who use both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Decision makers, who exercise sound judgment, consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions, and who provide recommendations for optimal solutions and continuous improvement
- Interpersonal communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners with excellent comprehension skills and who show the ability to work cross-functionally in a diverse environment
- Self-starters, who take initiative in implementing goals, operate with a cool-head under time constraints, effectively handle concurrent demands, and prioritize responsibilities
- Accountable individuals, who effectively exceed in meeting deadlines, communicating results, and recommending improvements
- Ability to quickly learn new programs when required
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three to five (3-5) years of professional Accounting experience
- Three (3) years of work experience at the Analyst level
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Travel - up to 10% of the time
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Six to seven (6-7) years of professional Accounting experience
- Hospitality industry experience
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!