Hilton's Finance team is responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) manages the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provides Hilton Team Members the chance for challenging career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Analyst, Order To Cash (OTC) Hotel Accounting, you will work with the Team Lead to resolve accounts receivable and guest (transient) disputes. You will identify and process advanced deposits collected from Group Catering and Event Sales patrons. In addition, you will also perform continuous monitoring and tracking of outstanding remittances from group master and convention related billings.
More specifically, you will:
- Handle guest inquires and provide appropriate resolution.
- Engage hotel teams to assist with identifying issues, resolving disputes and obtaining patron information as needed.
- Engage your Team Lead to figure out if adjustments are required.
- Maintain dispute resolution documentation in accordance with Hilton standards. This includes updating call logs and maintaining collections files using present technology.
- Perform follow-up based on establishing a collections schedule of outstanding remittances.
- Review booking deposit reports to identify groups with advanced deposit requirements. This includes reviewing banking statements to identify and confirm receipt of advanced deposits.
- Prepare deposit postings and confirm deposits were posted successfully.
- Support special initiatives as directed by leadership.
- Report results to others, effectively explaining and deciphering findings.
- Develop reciprocal and positive relationships with other finance and corporate departments.
- Chip in to the establishment of specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish project and department goals.
- Attend staff meetings pertinent to work assignments.
- Research and reply to information requests from internal departments and management.
- Maintain an upbeat, positive and motivated demeanor especially when interacting with Hilton guests, coworkers, and managers.
- Ensure the privacy and security of confidential information about guests.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for dynamic teammates, who are passionate about using their analytical skills to solve hard problems. We believe that business insight combined with a love for building positive partnerships is the best way to bring projects to completion. Success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Critical thinkers, who use both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Decision makers, who exercise sound judgment, consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions, and who provide recommendations for optimal solutions
- Social communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners with excellent comprehension skills
- Self-starters, who take initiative in implementing goals, have the ability to operate with a cool-head under time constraints, effectively handle concurrent demands, and prioritize responsibilities
- Accountable individuals, who effectively exceed in meeting deadlines, communicating results, and recommending improvements
- Ability to quickly learn new programs when required
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Five (5) years of professional experience
- Two (2) years of related experience in a professional Accounting setting at the Analyst level
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- One (1) year of experience working with credit cards in an accounting environment
- Can speak Spanish
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!