Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Analyst, you will work with the Director, FP&A on the global financial planning, budgeting, reporting and forecasting Hilton's administrative functions. You will assist with various financial analyses related to corporate expense including cost savings analysis, headcount review and review of costs by function/department.
In addition, you will partner directly with department owners and senior leadership providing monthly reporting and assisting them in review of their monthly, YTD and full-year actuals and forecasts as well as preparation of their annual budgets.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide financial planning and analysis support for corporate administrative functions - monthly reporting, variance analysis and explanations, and ad hoc requests
- Perform headcount productivity and other analyses as appropriate
- Assist with preparation of the company's global annual operating budget and monthly forecasts for the administrative functions
- Work with business partners and other leadership to implement companywide cost savings initiatives
- Provide monthly and quarterly analysis and metrics to assess and report on corporate expense versus operating plan, forecast, and prior periods
- Assess actual performance, providing feedback, and taking corrective actions to ensure company financial targets are met
- Work with FP&A and non-FP&A resources (including GBCS Finance, Corporate Accounting, Finance contractors, and others) to investigate questions and issues as well as execute on projects as directed by upper management
- Provide support to upper management in investigation of questions, issues, as well as aid in analysis and planning for internal business transactions as they occur
- Prepare the monthly business review, quarterly board of directors materials and prepare and distribute monthly EC and other function/department reporting
- Assist with system conversions and drive standardization, simplification and automation of financial reporting
What are we looking for?
We believe for success in this role, you will be a creative self-starter that demonstrates the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to develop and build accurate financial models to support forecasting, business analysis and financial metric reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills, including the aptitude to clearly explain complex analytical topics to a wide audience who may or may not be familiar with analytics or the subject matter
- Critical thinking and have both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with the ability to utilize logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Exercise good judgment and decision-making skills to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to provide creative recommendations for optimal solutions
- Discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Independent multi-taskers who manage multiple projects and priorities
- Innovative thinkers who strive to gain the latest knowledge of the hospitality industry
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Three (3) years of financial analysis experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Five (5) years of financial analysis experience
- Proficient in data analysis systems (e.g. Essbase or Cognos)
- Knowledge of US GAAP
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!