The TMX Finance® Family of Companies is looking for a Senior Analyst, Data & Statistics, to join our Strategic Analytics team and deliver statistical analysis, forecasting, predictive modeling, simulation, and optimization to understand and meet the Company needs and provide business insights. You will use your advanced understanding of statistics to deliver solutions, conduct analyses, and build models to maximize the Company's bottom line, as well as your career.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Operate in a cross-functional capacity to provide statistical analysis, forecasting, predictive modeling, simulation, and optimization to understand and meet the Company needs and provide business insights.
Identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve for them using analysis to make strategic or tactical recommendations all based on mining available consumer, collateral and transaction information and data.
Function as the MS SQL Server expert for our department and extract and organize data for recurring and ad hoc reports.
Drive special projects as assigned by the CEO, COO and President.
Support operations through leveraging current models and providing ad hoc strategic analysis and recommendations.
Perform product or other segment level analytics to analyze performance of existing products, territories and key performance indicators.
Support direct to consumer and online/digital marketing efforts for select products by identifying the best and most responsive target audience while considering the consumer and collateral risk profile.
Involve problem frame-works, develop hypotheses, test and analysis, solution development, scope operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts and develop a monitoring plan.
Partner closely with other departments across the company including: IT, Sales, Credit/Risk, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability.
- Bachelor's Degree in any quantitative field (business, math, economics, finance, statistics, science, and engineering)
- Strong applied analytical toolset including advanced understanding of statistics and state-of-the-art data mining techniques (logistic regression, decision trees, neural networks, stochastic gradient boosting, random forest, survival analysis, and clustering analysis)
- Hands-on experience in data manipulation, data mining, statistics, web analytics, and descriptive analytics
- Strong financial, strategic, analytical, and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated independent, organized, proactive, highly responsive, flexible and adaptable when working across multiple teams
- Ability to understand system integration aspects of integrating model input and output in transactional systems to help real-time decision making
- Required fluency in SQL
- Must be an experienced Excel user and able to create pivot tables, macros and effective formulas
- Prior experience in financial services
- Master's Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, and Engineering is preferred
Learn More About Us
The Senior Analyst, Data & Statistics, is a member of the Corporate Operations Team, a dynamic group comprised of multi-taskers and problem solvers. To learn more about this team, please visit https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/careers/top-talent/corporate-operations.
To find out about what's going on in our Company, visit our blog at https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/tmx-talks.
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, please be advised that only those candidates that we are interested in pursuing for an interview will be contacted.
Standing, walking, sitting, repetitive movements, and use of mechanical controls, such as keyboard, are frequently required. The person in this position needs to frequently move about the office or other work locations and must be able to frequently remain in a stationary position.
All TMX Finance® Family of Companies Are Equal Opportunity Employers.