Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Financial Analyst, you will provide financial support to business partners in the Brands and Marketing areas. You will identify trends and business drivers that will impact future financial performance. You will also develop business relationships, identify profitable opportunities, anticipate challenges, and devise and execute strategies to support their business areas in delivering and executing on strategic objectives.
In this role, you will report to the Manager, Brands & Marketing Finance and you will execute financial reporting, analysis and business support to various functions within the brands and global marketing organization. You will also be responsible for the monthly and annual budgeting and forecasting responsibilities, analyze business challenges, and support the team in achieving business objectives.
More specifically, you will:
- Oversee the generation of monthly Actuals and Forecast reports for departmental managers and Brands & Marketing leaders, in accordance with Global Brands and Commercial Services (GBCS) reporting calendar.
- Provide variance analysis between Actuals and Forecast/Budget, focusing on cost drivers and identifying corrective measures.
- Provide financial reports to ensure monthly forecast remains fluid, but with the constraints of budget, tracking underlying budget risks and opportunities, and what spend is committed vs uncommitted.
- Ensure proper fund allocations between departments and billings (to external customers and hotels) are accounted for accurately.
- Support the annual budget process and Five (5) year operating plans.
- Provide support to GBCS reporting team, and FP&A during the preparation of Monthly / Quarterly Business Reviews intended for GBCS leaders and Exec Leaders.
- Provide financial insight to validate the return on investment relating to business cases, which support strategic business initiatives.
What are we looking for?
We believe for success in this role, you will be a creative self-starter that demonstrates the following attributes and skills:
- Excellent financial analysis skills; aptitude to analyze financial data to identify trends and issues, draw conclusions, and make recommendations
- Excellent financial modeling skills, expertise to build dynamic Revenue and Expense forecasting models with multiple input sources
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems
- Work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Strong project management skills, including the expertise to manage details through to completion and ensure project deadlines are met
- Knowledge of business mathematics
- Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing
- Collaborative teammates who thrive in an interdependent work-culture
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Three (3) years of related experience in Financial Analysis or in a business unit finance role
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- Five (5) years of related experience in Financial Analysis or in a business unit finance role
- Proficiency with Oracle Smart View and/or Hyperion Essbase
- Experience working with and/or familiarity with the functions within Brands and Marketing
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!