Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Analyst, Accounting Policy you will be primarily responsible for researching and documenting technical accounting analyses of complex transactions, developing accounting policies and trainings, and monitoring and implementing new accounting standards. You will be responsible for completion of all tasks, ensuring timely completion in accordance with established deadlines, and collaborating with others throughout the Accounting and Finance department and other internal and external parties.
In addition, you may be involved in the preparation of financial statement disclosures under US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) as well as International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) and local accounting principles, to assist with completing required financial documents and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings as part of a rotational program with Financial Reporting.
More specifically, you will:
- Prepare analyses supporting the development and evaluation of global accounting policies with input from accounting, finance and other operational teams.
- Monitor the activities of all accounting standard setting bodies, including Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), International Accounting Standards Board (IASB), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), and craft analysis supporting the evaluation of the accounting and reporting effects of new standards, including the development of new accounting policies and the coordination of the adoption of accounting standards.
- Research the accounting/disclosure requirements of new accounting standards and transactions, considering relevant accounting literature and the effect of the new standard or transaction on the company's accounting policies and financial documents.
- Prepare written accounting memos documenting accounting issues and transactions for review by senior management and external auditors.
- Formulate responses to accounting inquiries received from the accounting and finance teams to present to the team.
- Prepare and deliver accounting related training materials.
- Prepare analysis supporting the maintenance of accounting internal control policies/procedures and provide supporting documentation to the internal auditor regarding control procedures.
- Coordinate with external auditors to provide requested documentation regarding financial statements and accounting treatment for specific transactions.
- Organize and communicate status related to assignments and projects.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing - including communication of accounting policies and procedures to corporate and field-based team members
- Complete discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for the team to fulfill responsibilities according to core strategic goals
- Strong analytical skills to solve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism and integrity
- Effectively addresses any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate and actively identifies and prevents potential problems
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to coordinate between various corporate offices
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Two to four (2-4) years of related experience in public accounting or similar accounting field
- Proficiency with disaggregating, analyzing and reconciling consolidated financial data in an accurate and timely manner
- Understanding of general accounting policies and procedures at a transaction level
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Three to five (3 -5) years of related experience
- Experience with accounting technical topics and research
- Experience working with general ledger systems and reporting packages specifically PeopleSoft, nVision and Hyperion Financial Management
- In depth experience with consolidation, revenue recognition, leases, stock compensation, business combination and/or derivatives and hedging accounting technical topics and research
- CPA, CA or equivalent
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!