The Senior Analyst, Regional Marketing Analytics collaborates with the team to analyze the performance of marketing efforts across MGM’s casino, direct, and acquisition marketing platforms with a focus on competitive market analytics, engagement trends, booking behaviors, campaign effectiveness, and more for MGM Resorts’ portfolio of regional assets.
The Senior Analyst will be responsible for generating insights about the use and effectiveness of various program components, and make recommendations for improvements to programs that would increase loyalty for particular customer segments. The senior analyst will perform ad-hoc research into the effectiveness of partnerships of the program to measure their contribution on program goals. In addition, this role will assist the manager with providing training and guidance to the analysts on the team. This individual will support a world class Direct Marketing Analytics team and help define its required technology and toolset.
As part of our team, you’ll work with professionals at our family of resorts – as well as those in the corporate executive level – to implement analytics initiatives that move the business forward.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Analyzes complex data sets and extract actionable insights using various economic, financial, customer and marketing methodologies.
- Synthesizes data, insights, and consumer research to create presentations that make fact-based recommendations.
- Works with the Manager, Regional Marketing Analytics to communicate recommended approaches to senior leaders, and anticipate the future needs of our customers.
- Builds and evolves the event preform process and recommendations.
- Coordinate with a team of analysts to provide post analysis for casino events, promotions, and shows.
- Performs ongoing analysis of segment and offer performance.
- Balance new insight against current projects and continually seek innovation through ongoing networking and research efforts.
- Takes the lead on preparing for monthly marketing reviews with regional property teams and supporting the Manager, Regional Marketing Analytics to conduct a productive meeting.
- Visits regional properties regularly and participates in marketing strategy meetings.
- Identifies business requirements and collaborates with the Enterprise Reporting team in pass-off of requirements for execution and BI / IT development.
- Develops analytics capabilities across aligned functional areas and properties.
- Reviews findings with and makes recommendations to the EA leadership and business partners.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in the relevant subject area expertise (e.g. industry or function) with experience in driving business performance through operational insights and analytics.
- Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce or similar.
- Experience in writing and executing SQL queries.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Business Management, or a related field.
- Experience in hospitality marketing and/or experience working in a similar resort setting.
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.).
- Previous experience providing training and guidance to team members.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.