SENIOR DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING
Exciting opportunity to join one of the Twin Cities most respected employers. Due to an internal promotion, we are looking to hire our Sr. Director of Accounting. The Sr. Accounting Director will be responsible for accounting operations and related controls, including the production of periodic financial reports and maintenance of a system of accounting records. This role will be responsible for leading the Accounting team. This position sets comprehensive controls, secures and enhances the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results and ensures that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and international financial reporting standards. The position will be responsible for managing, reviewing, and overseeing all accounting policies and procedures, including non-transactional accounting activities, as well as financial operations processes and duties. This position reports to the Corporate Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the monthly close process and ensure the quality, timeliness, and accuracy of journal entries as well as compliance with applicable accounting principles.
- Act as a thought leader to the Finance team by evaluating current infrastructure, processes, and controls to identify areas of improvement and additional investment.
- Represent as global accounting lead for Accounting team with respect to new and enhanced system implementation and similar projects, as need be.
- Manage the timely and accurate preparation and review of the quarterly and year-end SEC filings, including 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and other required SEC filings. Ensure compliance with SEC and GAAP reporting requirements.
- Responsible for all technical and accounting memos required as part of our quarterly and annual financial reporting to senior management and our external auditors.
- Facilitate review and approval of SEC filings with external auditors, legal counsel and audit committee.
- Provides oversight for the timely implementation of new accounting standards across functional teams, including new revenue recognition and leasing standards.
- Own and partner with the Accounting Team and key business partners to ensure the Accounting Policy Manual and procedures are updated and compliant with U.S. GAAP. Assist with accounting policies and procedures training throughout the company as needed.
- Prepare and present technical accounting updates to senior management, including discussion of current issues/memos, upcoming business changes which will drive technical issues and implementation of proposed new guidance status.