Senior Accountant Creative Financial Staffing | Washington, DC | Full-Time $85,000.00 - $90,000.00 /Year
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a stable, growing government contractor in the Washington, DC market and they're looking to hire a Senior Accountant. With a growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform.Growing company where the leadership team is very responsive to the needs of their employees. This Sr. Accountant position is newly created due to growth.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT:
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
• Handle month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities.
• Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
• Prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
• Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to monthly close process.
• Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
• This Sr. Accountant position requires a degree in Accounting or Finance with 5 + years of government contracting corporate accounting experience.
• USAID experience is a plus.
• Costpoint 7.1 experience is preferred.
• Some supervisory experience is a plus.
• Will have responsibility for AP, AR, billing, bank recs. GL account reconciliations, journal entries, GL month end close. Candidates with payroll experience (this company has 100 employees) are preferred.
• Position reports directly to their Controller who has superb interpersonal/people skills.