Our large global client has a need for a Senior Accountant for a Direct Hire role in South West Charlotte offering excellent benefits and growth opportunities!
Location: - South West Charlotte - Airport area
Compensation: $75-85K Direct Hire (no bonus)
Growth opportunity: Yes!
Benefits: Competitive benefit package!
Senior Accountant position that assists with providing oversight of the consolidated balance sheet through monthly analytics as well as forecasting and budgeting accounts. Provides support to the Corporate Overhead Departments and Off-ledger subsidiaries. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting and will be based in our Charlotte, NC corporate office.
- Point person for spreadsheet automation and process improvements
- Review of consolidated balance sheet accounts through monthly analytics and variance analysis for assigned accounts.
- Responsible for various monthly accounting close tasks.
- Review monthly working capital analysis in addition to forecasting and budgeting assigned accounts.
- Prepare upload mapping and assist with balance sheet reviews associated acquisitions and integrations.
- Ensure balance sheet and intercompany (Off-Ledger Subsidiaries and International) reconciliations are timely and accurate.
- Liaison with Off-ledger subsidiaries to review their monthly balance sheets and successfully upload monthly results and provide weekly extracts.
- Liaison with corporate overhead departments to verify accuracy of balance sheet accounts and p&l accounts.
- Assist with documentation and executing balance sheet/department initiatives.
- Assist in annual audit by providing requested reports and schedules.
- Provide ad-hoc reports as requested by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- CPA or CPA Candidate required
- 4+ years of accounting/finance progressive experience (public and/or industry) including monthly close, account reconciliation and reporting (A blend of public and corporate is ideal)
- Reconciliation, close, and variance analysis experience
- Advanced Excel knowledge (pivot tables, vlookups, and macros), visual basic a plus
- Tech savvy ideal - demonstrated experience of systems integration / mapping experience highly preferred
- Proven process improvement experience automating processes
- Experience with a large company (> $3 billion sales preferred)
- Sound knowledge of the General Ledger and Subsystems
- SAP and Essbase experience highly preferred
Category Code: JN001, JN005