The CSI Companies is actively seeking a Senior Accountant for our client located in the San Antonio, TX area.
The CSI Companies understands that an attractive benefits package is important for recruiting above-average candidates. While on contract, we offer a benefits package that includes weekly pay, direct deposit, multiple healthcare plans (Vision, Dental, Disability options, Holiday Pay, & Paid Time Off) if eligible.
We are looking for someone who is available to work the following hours:
- Mon- Fri 8 am - 5 pm
Performs basic or routine accounting activities in accordance with policies, principles, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Collects, compiles, analyzes, and verifies financial data to ensure the integrity of accounting records.
- Investigates and resolves discrepancies.
- Prepares analysis and schedules in support of financial statements.
- Posts journal entries and other financial transactions, maintains general ledger, and reconciles accounts.
- Identifies efficiency gaps and recommends ways to improve processes and standards
- Prepares analysis and financial reports and statements, which may include profit and loss statements, balance sheets, depreciation statements, cash flow, variance analysis, regulatory reports and filings.
- Prepares schedules for internal groups and external auditors.
- Verifiable high school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Minimum 2 years accounting/finance experience.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, financial statements and reports, and ledgers and journals
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in using accounting or related systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to review and analyze moderately complex accounting information
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve accounting issues
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment