At LMC, it’s all about the team. LMC is a very special place to work, largely because of the special people who work here. Our company culture is infused with spirit, enthusiasm, and vitality. Our open channels of communication unite our Associates and foster inspiration, collaboration, and high-fives. Since 2011, LMC has been growing to successfully develop, build, and manage apartment communities across the country. Hope you are looking for opportunities at one of America's leading apartment developers and the 2017 Best Place to Work in Multifamily, because here they come.
Summary of Position:
Responsible for assisting the Accounting Manager and/or Division Controller in all financial reporting and accounting related services required by corporate accounting. Helps with month end close for the division and a portfolio of assets in joint ventures. Prepare reports for internal and external customers, including financial institutions and joint ventures. Assist with division business plan and projections and perform various analytical functions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for meeting the timelines in the monthly financial closing schedule.
- Reconciles and analyzes various company General Ledgers.
- Ensures accuracy of entries.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages including joint venture reports.
- Enter and review the proper recording, maintenance, and update of all job cost budget revisions.
- Assist in the formation and monitoring of joint ventures and transactional closings by operating agreements and/or loan agreements.
- Draft capital calls to joint venture partners based on the cash needs of the venture.
- Prepare or review joint venture construction loan draws.
- Help coordinate and prepare schedules for annual joint venture audits and tax returns.
- Assists with budget preparation and prepares monthly budget variance analysis.
- Assists in the preparation of division forecast and annual business plan.
- Coordinates with tax consultant on property taxes, sales, and use taxes, and appeals.
- Document and evaluate internal controls.
- Assist with the division’s adherence to corporate policies and procedures.