ABOUT THE COMPANY
Well respected investment banking firm is looking to add a Senior Accountant to their corporate accounting group. Well-rounded corporate accounting role with a nice blend of financial analysis. This organization offers the opportunity to work under a great leader, top notch benefits, and excellent work life balance.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Handle month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities.
- Prepare and review of journal entries and monthly reconciliations ensuring transaction are recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Maintain fixed asset ledgers and record monthly depreciation expense
- Analyze financial results and perform variance analysis to budget and prior year..
- Provide support to management as needed, including ad-hoc financial analysis, and special projects.
- Ensure all internal controls are maintained and in compliance with company policy
- Automate processes and reduce effort required for preparation of financial statements to allow focus on value added analysis.
- Assist with budgeting process
- Assist with the completion of Federal and state income tax returns.
- Oversight and assistance in the completion of other compliance returns such as sales tax and franchise tax returns.