Our client, located Alpharetta, is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team for a contract opportunity. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for preparing journal entries, reconciling financial statements and accounts, and ensuring data accuracy to support growing US business including playing integral role in providing schedules for external and internal audits, tax requests, and internal reporting.
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant:
- Close books each month-end
- Assist in the upload of results to consolidation tool
- Prepare journal entries for month-end close
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and identify reconciling items; in addition, research, and support reconciliation variances during month-end
- Take ownership of GL accounts assigned, understand the business cycle, and explain variances
- Assist in ad-hoc projects for process improvements for internal processes in addition to ERP changes
- Assist in the consolidated IFRS and US GAAP audit process by providing schedules and supporting documentation
- Implement or carry out other projects as assigned
Required Skills of the Senior Accountant:
- 2 - 5 years' Accounting experience in large corporation
- Bachelor's Degree with Accounting focus
- CPA Certification preferred
- Advanced Excel skills are required
- Knowledge of SAP system highly preferred
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to Please reference job code 74552 when responding to this ad.
The Intersect Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Intersect Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.