Job Description -
services to be performed
This position will have responsibility for supporting all parts of our financial reporting process and will be expected to understand internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area. This position is expected to have a strong sense of ownership, a desire to learn complex processes and systems, ability to identify process improvement opportunities, drive positive change across the organization, and enhance partnerships between Accounting and various business and IT groups. Technical accounting research will be involved in this role. This position will also be working in a team environment, but also feel comfortable working independently.
• Degree in accounting or related field with sufficient experience to sit for the CPA exam (a CPA license is not required for this position)
• Five or more years of work related experience with financial reporting and internal controls
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• CPA (or equivalent)
• Two or more years of accounting experience Big Four (public) including a senior accountant level with one or more Fortune 500 clients or equivalent
• Experience working with a fast-paced, high-tech start-up or similar company
• Demonstrated history of solving multiple complex operational and accounting challenges
• Natural propensity for organization and an aptitude for information technology
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Excellent analytic skills
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.