Provide material and labor cost information to management for all company products. Assist in ensuring accurate inventory information throughout the company. Perform other accounting related functions, including general ledger account and intercompany reconciliations, as necessary.
- Cost System Maintenance and Updates - Collect and maintain data in order to establish and analyze standard cost for process labor and material. Analyze and summarize information and trends in order to establish and explain the differences when setting standards and preparing financial information. Evaluate the process rates and material cost information. Recommend systems changes to cost accounting system.
- Period-End Closings/Reporting and Budget Assistance - Assist in the month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes for the Cost Accounting Department. Also assist in the establishment, maintenance and monitoring of annual material and process cost standards and budgets.
- Variance Management and Reporting - Coordinate the preparation and analyses of reports to track cost variances, inventory adjustments and other cost items such as scrap, shortage and obsolete inventory.
- Reports - Prepare and analyze various inventory and cost of sales reports for Company management and auditors. Examples include information concerning price, scrap, audit adjustments, shortages, and manufacturing expenses. Assist users in understanding and using such reports.
- Special Projects - Work on special costing/pricing.
- Miscellaneous - Complete general ledger account and intercompany reconciliations. Know the accounts receivable and accounts payable systems thoroughly in order to perform costing duties accurately as well as be able to provide departmental back-up support. Perform other duties as assigned.