Now Hiring: Senior Accountant. We have partnered with a premier Twin Cities based organization who is experiencing strong growth and due to this growth they are currently looking to add a talented Senior Accountant to their Corporate Accounting team. This organization has a reputation for staff development, providing opportunities for advancement, and solid work-life balance.
- Perform accounting functions necessary to achieve an accurate and timely general ledger month-end close. Duties include: recording of operating expenses and balance sheet related journal entries primarily around monthly accruals; analysis and adjustment of income statement and balance sheet accounts; and general accounting support.
- Perform and review month end balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure that balances are accurate and properly supported and that reconciliations are in compliance with company’s policies and procedures.
- Perform monthly variance analysis comparing actual results to forecast and prior year actuals to provide a meaningful understanding of financial activity and variances as required by Management, Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- Work with internal functional departments, including leading meetings, to gather financial information to ensure timely and accurate financial statements and the correct reflection of GAAP in the financial statements.
- Assist with the coordination and preparation of all internal monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Assist in researching reporting matters, accounting principles and financial reporting rules.
- Complete ad-hoc requests, projects and special assignments as needed.
- Assist in coaching and developing junior team members.
- Perform all aspects of work with a high degree of effectiveness, efficiency and accuracy.