Senior Accountant/Cost Analyst: We are currently seeking a talented Sr. Cost Accountant/Cost Analyst to add to our growing team. The ideal candidate will be an accounting professional with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in cost accounting. The individual should be highly proficient in analyzing variances and preparing a wide range of reports to meet the needs of various internal business partners including manufacturing to drive process improvement and cost reduction and senior finance management to better understand margins by product. This position is responsible for the monthly closing process as it relates to inventory and cost accounting. This position is responsible for evaluating cost accounting systems and processes, researching ways to improve quality, relevance and timeliness of cost accounting information, recommending process improvements and working with internal business partners to implement change. This individual will also be responsible for partnering with operations and engineering to develop the annual production forecast, determine cost standards and agreeing on the approach for assigning costs to goods manufactured.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly financial close of cost accounting and inventory with adequate controls and reviews in place.
- Develop and maintain cost accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversee and perform various cost accounting functions including full absorption standard costing, analysis and setting of labor and overhead rates, pricing, volume and efficiency variance analysis.
- Work closely with manufacturing personnel to analyze actual margin performance by product and make recommendations to management for margin improvement.
- Prepare monthly analysis by product of manufacturing variances for goods manufactured and also goods sold during the period. Review variances with Operations and Finance management. Propose and help implement strategies to improve efficiency and reduce cost.
- Partner with operations to facilitate updating of cost standards and bills of material.
- Roll standards at least annually.
- Seek opportunities for improvements in inventory and cost accounting by researching and proposing best in class strategies and leading the effort to implement those strategies.
- Coordinate delivery of required financial information to third-party consultants including auditors, tax advisors, valuation specialists and insurance brokers as needed.
- Maintain inventory reserve analysis for excess and obsolete inventory and lower-of-cost-or-market.
- Manage Year-end Physical Count and periodic cycle counts.
- Partner with new product development, operations and business planning and analysis to prepare cost models for prospective products and potential MFG alternatives.