Creative Financial Staffing has partnered with a Boston Based Charitable Foundation to identify a Senior Accountant to join their team. This position is open due to an internal transfer.
Highlights of the Senior Accountant Opportunity:
● Boston based charitable foundation established 20 years ago.
● They focus on three areas: Arts & Creativity, Climate Change, and Education.
● The Foundation has contributed nearly $1b to charitable causes. Their budget for 2018 was $85M and in 2019 they have already granted $15M to organizations across New England.
● This role will offer complexity, visibility, and challenge while also maintaining a great quality of life. They understand the need for flexibility and that is why there has been very little turnover in the organization. You can start early/leave early or start late/leave late. They also offer early release every Friday during the summer months, a very generous benefits/PTO package and a highly competitive salary.
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Prepare monthly journal entries; prepare account and provide variance analysis; prepare bank reconciliations; and close the books on a monthly basis
● Reconcile and prepare analytics on a quarterly basis for P&L accounts
● Assist in the preparation of the grants and OpEx budgets
● Communicate with departments if they are tracking to miss budget
● Participate in the audit process, attending to audit requests in a timely manner
● Review expense reports in a timely manner, identifying deviations from the T&E policy
● Prepare tax workpapers and analytics during the tax return preparation process