The primary goal of the Cash Department of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is to maintain confidence in U.S. currency and meet the needs of the marketplace by supplying currency and coin to meet domestic and international demand, maintaining the quality and integrity of currency in circulation, and ensuring depository institutions have ready access to cash services. To achieve this mission, 4th District Cash services operate from the Cleveland and Cincinnati Reserve Banks and in collaboration with our Federal Reserve colleagues in other Districts.
Responsible for the management and direction of a specific operational function and staff within the Cash department. Manages the inherent risk in a valuables handling area by maintaining the proper balance of cost, control and productivity. Builds relationships within the department, Bank, and external stakeholders. Invests in coaching and development of staff. Continuously evaluates and improves processes and workflows to ensure high standards of controls and productivity. Stays abreast of industry events and shares learning with the broader organization. Develops tactical plans for specific operational function(s) that are in alignment with organizational goals and contributes to departmental strategic planning.
Hours: 5PM – 4AM (4- 10 hour days) Monday PM – Friday AM
1. Ensures daily processing in a specific function is completed, issues are escalated, and management reporting is thorough and complete. Ensures any gaps are addressed and controls remain at high levels
2. Collaborates with department management, peers and direct reports to effectively manage risks to compliance, productivity, and accurate record of department holdings.
3. Develops and maintain a culture of results-oriented, continuous process improvement that consistently looks for ways to drive productivity up while maintaining strong controls. Identify process/workflow gaps across areas of responsibility that require correction or improvement.
4. Ensures documented procedures and controls are followed by team members and managed by the team. Ensure positive collaboration and team oriented performance standards are created and maintained.
5. Develops employees by providing training, mentoring, and performance management.
6. Develops and maintain positive relationships with other business areas (e.g., Risk, Legal, Compliance, etc.) to ensure processing standards follow policy and are efficient so that controls and productivity are not compromised.
7. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
8. Adheres to the Bank’s attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor`s degree and 5+ years of related work experience or
- Associate`s degree and 7+ years of related work experience or
- High School Diploma and 9+ years of related work experience
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate Knowledge of regulations, procedures and practices related to the cash services/logistics industry.
- Ability to perform or lead independent research
- Basic Project Management
- Intermediate verbal and written communication.
- Intermediate business acumen and analytical skills
- Basic Knowledge or experience with COSO/SOX compliance.
- Intermediate Knowledge or exposure to a highly controlled/regulated environment.
- Intermediate management and/or leadership experience through others
Traditional office environment: Employees typically sit most of the day, work with a computer and may answer/respond to phone calls. Physical movement consists of walking for meetings, breaks, etc. Ability to lift items weighing approximately 20 pounds on a limited basis is required. Employees will be required to travel by car/air.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to sustaining an environment in which diversity is valued and differences are strengths. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information or sexual orientation.