Provide data analytical support for the sales team in order to increase sales. Leverage current sales data, customer POS and external data sources to build insights and on customers, the category and company items. Create actionable recommendations for the sales team to grow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and publish weekly and monthly reports using internal and externally provided data in order to measure and communicate sales results and trends.
- Work with the sales team to analyze and provide insights for our top customers as well as sales channels (e.g. Grocery, Drug, Dollar, Mass Market)
- Assess and provide recommendations for external data purchases, taking into consideration the costs, usability and impact on sales efforts.
- Assess and provide recommendations on analytical tools, including plan-o-gram solutions.
- Use expertise and experience to up skill the sales department on the use of data to build sales strategies for accounts.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree required and 3- 5 years' experience in an analytical role.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to translate strong analytical skills into tangible recommendations and ultimately business results.
- Insatiable curiosity to understand causation and a passion to find solutions.
- Works effectively across business levels and functions.
- Strong communication - can represent the company in customer meetings as required.