The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is seeking a Customer Service Representative to provide call center support for the Stored Value Card (SVC) business line in support of the Department of Treasury. The SVC operation reduces cash and checks at over 100 military bases and installations in 13 countries (including the U.S.), and on approximately 150 Naval ships. Meeting this global demand requires the deployment of over 8,700 pieces of equipment, including kiosks (cashless ATMs), point-of-sale terminals, laptops, and other related peripherals. The SVC operations area provides Treasury 24/7 support. This position is part of a customer service team that provides functional and technical support to SVC customers. This position provides high quality, professional, and timely customer service to internal and external customers; responds to a variety of business-specific inquiries, issues, and requests via customer service phone line, electronic or standard mail, and/or in person; ensures that issues are escalated properly and addressed in a timely manner; completes ad-hoc, unit-specific assignments.
- Provide Level One troubleshooting and support for laptops, Point-of-Sale devices, Kiosks, and financially related inquiries.
- Perform trouble ticket escalation, as required.
- Assist with customer questions and problems by troubleshooting hardware and software problems, including (as needed) simulating or recreating problems to resolve operational difficulties.
- Interact, as needed, with network services and/or software developers to restore service and/or identify and correct problems.
- Refers more complex problems to Level Two support; follows up to ensure resolution for and communication of a solution to the customer.
- Works with the second level support function to ensure issues are properly escalated, addressed, and remediated in a timely manner.
- Work with customers over the phone and via e-mail to test software for proper operation; document and work to resolve all problems.
- Recommend quality improvements based on discussions/work with customers.
- Document customer interactions into a call logging system.
- Participate in testing of new applications and processes.
- Identify when a procedure needs to be updated and inform the operational team; may contribute to making the updates.
- Identify and recommend updates to the CSR knowledge management tool
- Possess a basic to intermediate understanding of service level agreement metrics.
- Consult with management and notify other SVC staff of customer issues
- Apply analytical thinking to provide solutions to customer issues; identify process improvements, update procedures, and collaborate with management.
- Actively convey the voice of the customer to management and peers when feedback or complaints are received.
- Possess intermediate multi-tasking and analytical skills.
- Possess basic to intermediate data analytic skills.
- Maintain problem management database and customer service desk system.
- Conduct detailed research and analysis.
- Build and maintain detailed understanding of SVC business at a level appropriate to provide a high level of support to internal and external customers.