STAFF ACCOUNTANT - BACHELOR DEGREE REQUIRED
Global Leader in a variety of industries including, but not limited to staffing, human resources services and technology seeks Accounting Professional to join its Corporate Headquarters in Glendale, CA. The Company is expanding into new markets and is looking for someone who meets the following requirements:
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
To be part of an accounting team to support a group of companies with multi-state and international activities with locations in other continents. The responsibilities include book journal entries, prepare and review monthly P&L Statements to identify and research unusual items before distributing them along with supporting General Ledger Report on a timely basis, facilitate communication between field management and corporate departments, prepare financial statements and research GAAP/IFRS, other countries? accounting standard, and FAR compliance, provide guidance to less experienced staff members, prepare annual budget, assist with annual asset audit, complete special accounting projects and other assigned tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare, review, and distribute P&L and other accounting reports
• Validate and post batches released from subsystem to ERP GL system
• Book journal entries via manual input, recurring, or import function
• Identify and resolve unusual items encountered during month-end closing
• Reconcile monthly Trial Balance to Financial Statements for all companies
• Prepare G/L account reconciliation and propose necessary adjusting entries
• Research and answer P&L questions from field managers by checking the hard
copy invoices or using inquiry access to systems like A/P, A/R, FA, limited Payroll,
and web reports then book adjusting entries as needed
• Provide guidance to the less experienced team members
• Create custom reports for executive upper management
• Research GAAP, IFRS, IAS, & other countries' accounting standard as needed
• Prepare corporate P&L binders and maintain filing of backups for the dept.
• Assist A/P or other depts with questions regarding accounting issues
• Participate in Assets Inventory Audits - may also require domestic travel and
could involve light moving of computer equipment
• Participate in setting up and preparing the annual budget
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: BACHELOR DEGREE REQUIRED
JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: Prefer 2 years of experience as a Junior Staff Accountant or 4 year of experience in accounting/finance/budgets
LANGUAGE/COMMUNICATION SKILLS (written & verbal): good communication skills (profession business writing and presentation)
COMPUTER/SYSTEM SKILLS REQUIREMENTS: Intermediate level Excel and Word plus working knowledge of computerized accounting system
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (indicate % of time):
Repetitive Motion: 25%
Air Travel: 0% unless assist with out of state asset audit
Driving: 1% - during annual asset audit in S-Cal
Lifting (lbs): Up to 10 lbs binders monthly and may be upto 25 lbs during asset audit yearly
We are an EEO employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age (40 and over), gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected classification under federal and state law.