Senior Cost Accountant (consultant):
With minimal supervision, the Senior Cost Accountant works closely with the Product Development and Operations divisions to provide financial expertise regarding the analysis of new products. Represents Finance and Cost Accounting on new product and Corporate project teams. Responsibilities include assisting in the review and development of standard product costs, cost of sales budgeting, preparation of monthly budget to actual variance reporting, account reconciliations, and recommending and implementing changes in cost accounting methods and procedures. Interacts with managers and other associates from all other functional areas.
• Provides Product Development and Operations with financial support including estimated product cost, make / buy, and return on investment calculations.
• Reviews and assists in preparation of quarterly and year-end standard cost updates.
• Assists in the preparation and analysis of standard product costs including material standards, labor and burden rates for all locations.
• Assists in the development of the annual standard cost of sales budget—maintain budget work papers.
• Assists in the monthly closing process analysis.
• Develops and prepares various account reconciliations and reports (inventory, scrap, obsolescence, variances to budget, etc.)
• Recommends improvements to current procedures and reporting, assists in the implementation of new systems, processes and reports (i.e., activity based costing).
• Other duties as assigned