CSI Financial is seeking a Contract Royalty Accounting Manager for a well known Merchandising client in Tampa, FL.
- Manage royalty revenue accounting (accurate calculation and classification on Income Statement, reconciliation of related Assets and Liabilities on the Balance Sheet, etc.)
- Supervise Royalty Staff Accountant and oversee the process of reviewing and analyzing licensees’ royalty reporting for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with license agreement requirements as well as appropriate application of the related cash receipts & the accounting for the business’ expenses.
- Thoroughly understand license agreements and monitor to ensure contractual obligations are met throughout all business interactions across assigned licensees
- Oversee the process of tracking licensee guarantee and overage payments, managing past due invoices, and communicating with licensees owing royalties
- Manage day-to-day professional working relationships with a wide range of licensees across multiple product categories, & communicate client/corporate initiatives and strategies as needed
- Maintain in-depth working knowledge and become an expert on utilizing CAMPUS, proprietary licensee management database.
- Create and evaluate quarterly and annual royalty revenue reports for clients and provide trend analysis
- Interface with clients and colleagues on revenue forecasts and monthly/quarterly closing
- Help train and manage licensees through the reporting process in a fast-paced, high volume environment and share administrative best practices with licensees
- Analyze proposed licensing deals to help support recommendations to clients
- Monitor and make recommendations to improve business processes and efficiencies across the organization
- Other Corporate Accounting support as needed
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- 4-7 years of accounting experience, preferably with royalty accounting exposure (music, consumer products, publishing, etc.), with at least 3 years spent directly managing others
- Exceptional attention to detail and proficiency in interpreting contracts
- A motivated self-starter with ability to excel at multi-tasking and staying organized
- A leader capable of using professional judgment to manage the team’s priorities and workload and effectively communicate up to corporate accounting group, business management team, etc.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookups, & other formulae)
- Proficiency with analytical tools such DOMO, Tableau, Power BI, MicroStrategy, etc. preferred
- Is ethical and has strong business acumen and savvy, good common sense and sound judgment
- Is self-confident, can instill confidence in, and effectively deal with, business counterparts inside and outside the company
The CSI Companies is a recruiting firm established in 1994 that has been awarded “Best of Staffing” for 5 years in a row. We provide outstanding services to the world’s leaders in the healthcare field as well as other organizations. For consideration, please submit your resume with all of your relevant experience included on it for immediate consideration. Only those candidates identified for an interview will be contacted.
- Weekly pay
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Voluntary Life and AD&D coverage
- Paid Training
- Opportunity for advancement upon performance and availability
For more information, please apply!