----------------------------------------------ROLE & MISSIONS----------------------------------------------------
As a Senior Associate within the Sanofi Internal Audit and Risk Management organization, you are eager to continuously learn new parts of the Sanofi business, and explore new ways of working to challenge the status quo. As a member of the Americas Hub, you will be working on different project teams in a highly multi-cultural department.
The Sanofi Internal Audit & Risk Management Bridgewater Hub (approx. 20 people) is part of the Sanofi Internal Audit & Risk Management Department which reports to the CEO and the Audit Committee. The Sanofi Internal Audit & Risk Management Department relies on 3 hubs (in the USA, France and Singapore) and 2 expertise (Forensic and IS).
-----------------------------------BENEFITS OF JOINING US / CAREER PATH--------------------
If you are self-driven; this is an amazing opportunity to “get the big picture” as you will learn about all the different activities of Sanofi, the pharmaceutical industry, and business environments. As you will be more inquisitive, persuasive, and proficient in change management, you will be able to recognize and adapt to the different thinking and learning styles or cultural profiles.
Beyond the job, the solidarity you will demonstrate during each assignment will help you entering a family that will be with you even after your years within the department.
Your objective will be to be promoted to a Risk Management and Internal Audit Lead positon (“Manager” grade, level 3.1). This will occur when you have acquired enough knowledge within the department and you have the necessary management skills to Team Lead assignments. It can be assumed that this promotion could occur approximatively after 1.5 years as a successful Senior Associate.
In the Risk Management and Internal Audit Lead positon you will be team leader on some projects, leading a team of 2 to 6 people, and you will directly interact with Country Chairs and CFOs.
Joining Sanofi Internal Audit & Risk Management is a great opportunity for you to accelerate and broaden your career perspectives, as it is a training ground for future executives. After the Risk Management and Internal Audit Lead role you can either:
- be promoted to the Management Team (Director grade) within Sanofi Internal Audit & Risk Management
- Or, move to a broad spectrum of positions including Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Finance, Business Development, Supply Chain, Procurement, Medical, Human Resources, PMO or chief of staff, etc. To know more, click on the following examples: Frederic Jumel; Julie Carnis; John Pulvar; Lorrie Halenar; Nicolas Giel; Mathieu Edelman.
Every 7 weeks you will conduct a new project within one of Sanofi’s activities, in North or South America, and within a changing project team. Each project has a specific scope and purpose. Contrary to most of our peers, we do not conduct SOX or compliance with standards audits.
During our recent assignments we have helped improve the project management, fine tune the new company organization, foster coordination between market access and sales, challenge management of Patient Support Programs, enhance governance around digital initiatives, increase procurement business partnering, strengthen talent management, rally stakeholders on workforce planning, or better manage disruption with HCP and Payers.
Your contribution will grow from project to project and you will receive feedback for each project to help you develop.
- During the Preparation Phase (3 weeks in the office), you will have to go from a general project purpose to a detailed identification of priorities, assumptions to be ascertained and ways to reach relevant conclusions. To do so you need to; review priorities, performance, understand the business model, the competitive, and regulatory environments, physical and financial flows, identify patterns within data, reviewing usual area for improvement identified elsewhere in the world, benchmarking versus internal or external best practices.
- During the Fieldwork Phase (3 weeks, that could be abroad) you will have to develop a deep knowledge of the actual local process and identify areas for improvement to better manage the associated risks. This will require asking the relevant questions to several individuals involved in the process, to dig into data, to identify trends and vouching documents to spot inconsistencies and complete the relevant testing strategy. Since time available will be limited, you will have constantly manage your priorities and manage short timelines.
When you have identified areas for improvement you will have to debrief the process owner, convince her/ him and work with her/ him on how to concretely improve the process.
During all the different phases you will be exchanging with the team leader who will help you developing the most relevant and reliable approach. Your work will also have to be properly documented so that it can be reviewed to ensure reliability and relevancy since one of our value proposition is to provide reliable conclusions.
- During the Wrap-up Phase (1 week in the office) you will have to write your recommendations, straight to the point, short and easy to understand for individuals not familiar with the process who will receive the report. You will also have to follow-up on the action plan committed by the audited organization.
Besides, the assignments you will be assigned a Center of Expertise (medical, sales, marketing, manufacturing, finance, etc.). For this area you will train your colleague, share your knowledge and good practices. You will also interact with the Senior Leaders of the function for the US and LATAM to increase awareness and drive changes to better manage risks.
When you have acquired enough knowledge within the department and you have the necessary management skills you will have the opportunity to be promoted as a Risk Management and Internal Audit Lead and you will team lead some projects. In this role, you will have to:
- organize the team work, make the final proposal for risks to be covered and the associated strategy to cover those risks
- guide the team members, supervise their work to ensure it meets the initial objective, provide feedback to each team member to help their development
- build partnering relationships with management, debrief them, propose recommendations and agree on action plans with them, follow-up on action plan implementation
- provide on-going insights on the assignments to the supervisor of the project (either the Hub Head or the Deputy)
- depending on the project and the team you may have also have to cover your own area of risks
- build the report with the team, develop the different presentations
--------------------------------------REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES-----------------------------------
We are looking for high-potentials with the ability to:
- Challenge the status quo
- Find out how to do things you have never done in the past
- Identify different paths for a same solution
- Adjust your communication style to different thinking styles to persuade your partners
- Identify the risks, based on business environment analysis
- Conduct interviews with empathy to obtain needed information in a multi-cultural environment
- Conduct conclusive data analysis
- Learn continuously and pass your knowledge to your peers
- Teamwork exchanging views, possibilities, in a multi-cultural environment, and actively contribute to your part of the tasks
- Communicate both verbally and in writing clearly, purposely and decisively
- Preferably understand the pharmaceutical market in the US and overseas
- Possibly conduct interviews and read documents in Spanish and/ or Portuguese.
Education / work experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Masters preferred
- At least 3 years of working experience
- Experience in pharmaceutical, healthcare, biotech is preferred but not required
- Audit / Consulting experience is preferred but not required
- International exposure and/or experience would be appreciated
- Fluent English. Ability to work in Spanish and/ or Portuguese would be appreciated.
This role will require extensive travel within the US, to Latin America, and occasionally elsewhere in the world for 3 weeks in a row. This role is a training ground for future executives, and allows to learn the different activities of Sanofi, to acquire the different aspects of the work including management of projects and teams, and to pass the knowledge to new comers. You will be coached and receive all the necessary trainings to succeed and develop yourself.
The role (grade L2-2) is based in Bridgewater, NJ, reporting into, Deputy Head Internal Audit & Risk Management Bridgewater Hub.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.