Classification: Risk Analyst
Compensation: $65000.00 to $80000.00 yearly
One of my clients, a large bank in Central Arkansas, is seeking a Risk Analyst to join their team! This is a newly created position that will report directly to the Managing Director of Risk and have high exposure to Executive Management. This position has tremendous growth opportunity as well, as this Risk Analyst will be groomed to be a Director in the organization.
Risk Analyst will identify, measure, and control operational risk within the bank.
Duties would include:
• Develops an effective partnership with business units to ensure understanding of the business unit’s operational processes and control environment
• Reviews operational loss trends, near-miss events and operational incidents.
• Develops analytical framework to monitor key Operational Risk models results
• Develops a framework to categorize Bank’s Operational Loss Events into Basel Operational Risk sub-categorizes
• Develops new and enhances existing reports and visualizations to continuously measure and monitor operational risks at the Bank.
• Aggregates internal and external operational loss data for operational risk modelling.
• Creates Operational Risk models for Economic Capital framework.
• Develops operational Risk Scenarios for stress testing.
• Provides support in the creation of quarterly business reviews and risk profiles that are presented to the Board of Directors or a Committee of the Board.
• Assists with special projects and reporting requests.
• Bachelor’s in Business, preferably Finance or Economic
• Master’s Degree is preferred
• 1+ year of experience working in Operational Risk Management in a financial institution required
• Prior experience using R, Python, SQL or use of other query languages highly preferred
This is a rare opportunity to work in one of the most Prestigious Banks in the US! The position will offer growth opportunity, stunning office environment, competitive pay, and tremendous benefit package that includes strong retirement matching and ample PTO.
Local candidates only, or someone that is willing to relocate to Central Arkansas. For more information or confidential consideration, email or call Chris Chunn at Robert Half.