MB Mortgage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Responsible for originating conventional and government residential mortgage loans to customers who qualify based on assessment of financial and credit data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Originates conventional and government residential mortgages and participates in related business development activities.
• Funds a minimum of two (2) loans per month.
• Builds residential mortgage business by working through contacts with realtors, builders and developers.
• Provides service to customers and prospective customers seeking residential mortgage loans. Interviews applicants to obtain information concerning their needs to assist in determining whether a loan will be an acceptable risk according to their financial situation and obtains pertinent financial and credit data.
• Ensures the preparation and processing of forms and legal documents required for residential loans and follows the loans to ensure compliance with terms. Negotiates terms and conditions with applicants.
• Stays informed on trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as changing rules and regulations pertaining to both conventional and government-insured mortgages.
• Meets with customers in locations other than the personal residence of the loan officer.
• Acts as a role model and professionally represents the bank at work and in the community; takes action to establish and build our brand.
• Supports, enhances and helps lead within our culture and role models within cultural pillars.
• Performs additional responsibilities as needed.
• Other duties assigned by management.
• Complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to exceed established sales goals.
• Enthusiastic, self motivated with ability to interpret and analyze customers’ needs on a continual basis.
• Excellent business development skills.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or three to five years of related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Financial services industry experience preferred.
Certificates and Licenses
Registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS Registry) is required upon hire; certain job responsibilities as defined by the SAFE Act may not be performed until registration is complete. Good standing with the NMLS Registry must be maintained.
Valid and current driver’s license required for travel to meet with prospects and customers.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. MB Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. As a part of the MB Financial hiring process all applicants will be required to submit to, and pass, a pre-employment urine drug screening.