Seeking career growth with a national mortgage company? Lennar Mortgage can help you build the foundation to a long-term mortgage career. Join the team just rated as the #1 Homebuilder Worldwide by Fortune Magazine’s 2021 list of ‘World’s Most Admired Companies’.
Lennar Named #1 Homebuilder Worldwide on FORTUNE Magazine's 2021 List of 'World's Most Admired Companies'
Lennar Mortgage is a proud member of the Lennar family of companies and has the unique opportunity to deliver the personal commitment and accountability of a local lender with the financial backing of a Fortune 150 company.
At Lennar Mortgage, not only do you receive a job - you gain a network, a family, and endless opportunities. Our success is a result of supporting and rewarding our team of elite professionals.
- The median base compensation for this position is estimated to be $25.00 per hour subject to adjustment based on business-related factors including employee qualifications and operational considerations.
- This position may be eligible for performance-based bonuses as determined in the Company’s sole discretion.
- This position will be eligible for the benefits listed below in accordance with Company policy.
- This information is intended to be a general overview and may be modified by the Company due to factors affecting the business.
Applicants may apply for this position via: Career Builder, Indeed or via https://lennar-lennarmortgagehome.jobs.net/
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- FSA (Flexible Savings Account), DSA (Dependent Savings Account)
- 401(k) w/ company matching
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Time Off
- Associate Home Purchase Assistance
- Well Being incentive Bonuses
- Company Holidays (10 annually)
Perform duties of Conventional, FHA and VA loan processing, closing and preliminary underwriting. Includes interacting with escrow, title company, credit bureaus, and borrowers in the closing of the loans.
- Process loan applications from initial set-up through funding, striving to obtain loan approvals within 30 days of application date.
- Reconcile accounting records to ensure collection of all fees due.
- Follow-up on closed loan documentation to ensure compliance with all Secondary Marketing standards.
- Communicate with New Home Consultants, borrowers and associates in a professional, courteous manner
- Maintain a pipeline of loans with an emphasis on customer service, quality, accuracy and efficiency. Learn and maintain knowledge of different loan programs and corresponding computer system codes.
- Gather and submit credit report and supporting application (1003) documentation in a timely manner for loan approval.
- Maintain status and information within processing software system. Update codes, status dates and loan information for reporting as needed. Communicate status in meetings and with other associates as directed by supervisor.
- Obtain the sales contracts, escrow instructions, and any documentation regarding upgrades prior to ordering the appraisal through the HVCC department for all purchases.
- Remain current with our Broker programs and maintain their forms for submission.
- Keep current with investor guideline changes by reading updated bulletins and loan program guidelines as published on the Lennar Mortgage home page.
- Obtain and follow through on borrower conditions for closing per underwriter/lender's requirements.
- Submit a document ready loan to the closing dept at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled closing date/time to accomplish a smooth closing.
- Keep communication between borrowers, escrow/title, sales agents, and Home Loan Advisor current to avoid delays and confusion.
- Maintain written status with the borrowers with reference to 'needs items' and/or approval conditions to meet the Regulation B notification requirement.
- Eighteen months experience as a Loan Representative I or II
- Automated processing and closing experience
- Eighteen months of FHA/VA/Conventional loan closing
- Ability to study independently
- Successful completion of Core Curriculum Customer Care Empowerment, Doc Basics, FHA, VA, Self Employed, Encompass, Credit Counseling and Compliance. Or successful completion of Introduction to Mortgage Banking, Mortgage Loan Origination, Processing the Loan, Conventional Loan Processing, Mortgage Loan Underwriting, Underwriting the Self-employed Borrower, Closing, Shipping & Warehousing, Creation & Form of a Mortgage, Residential Secondary Marketing
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of office procedures
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Word for Windows and Excel
- Current knowledge of closing and title requirements
- Current knowledge of FHLMC/FNMA/FHA/VA and industry underwriting guidelines
- Current knowledge of self-employed borrowers, partnership and corporation tax return analysis
- Maintain minimum pipeline of 45-55 loans
- Must obtain the Florida Mortgage Broker License prior to processing any loans for the State of Florida
Regular interaction with homebuilding sales associates, prospective borrowers, lender representatives and underwriters, escrow and title personnel, credit bureaus and appraisers. Also deals with homebuilding division management as well as mortgage division staff.
- Requires the ability to operate a personal computer, fax machines, copier, climb stairs, bend, stoop, reach, lift and move, and carry materials and supplies weighing 20 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard.
- Interact well with other associates
- Possess positive and professional attitude and represent company in a positive manner
- Provide outstanding customer service, work well under pressure and be a team player
- Possess excellent organization and analytical skills
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Word and Excel
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive criticism