We’re not a typical financial institution – we’re better. We’re an innovative, fun-loving, highly-engaged group of professionals that are committed to our company and the communities we do business in. We love to recognize and celebrate each other.
Over 90% of our employees say we are a great workplace that is focused on our mission, vision and the future of banking.
What will your day look like?
You will for working with Alliant product, project and development teams to ensure code, services and products seamlessly move from development through rollout and into production. At the end of the day, you are the charismatic coach that gets us across the finish line: quality software products and services our members trust! Work involves moderate difficulty in working on multiple and complex high-level, high-visibility projects concurrently. Excellent communication, adaptability, innovation, tactful diplomacy, problem solving and analytical aptitude are the keys to success in this role. Additionally, experience with Release Management, Agile Methodologies and/or Project Management allow successful Release Managers to meet, understand and respond to member needs in an exciting business environment.Responsibilities
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Provides daily leadership and coaching to product, project and development teams to facilitate release planning preparedness (e.g., definition, scoping, etc.) to ensure each release has an actionable, prioritized backlog
- Ensure that release stakeholders (e.g., Product Owners, Executives, Program Managers, etc.) have visibility to and understanding of the critical data for the release – milestones, dependencies, issues and risks, mitigation plans, metrics and communicates appropriately
- Works across product, project and development teams to deliver software products and services to production
- Develops and drives the release management process and associated procedures
- Establishes and manages the annual calendar for digital development releases
- Drives release planning events
- Keeps track of external dependencies and manage these dependencies throughout the annual release planning lifecycle
- Collaborate with the DevOps Workgroup to maximize the efficiency of release delivery
- Utilize metrics from previous releases to identify, test and implement proven revisions to the release management process
- Drive the full development of the release management process (e.g., workflows, process documentation, etc.)
- Research and incorporate Microsoft TFS best practice recommendations into Alliant’s release management efforts
- The Release Manager on-boards Alliant employees into the Release Management process. This includes training, coaching and periodic reviews of individual and team release deliverables.
- Trains all internal departments on their Release Train roles and responsibilities