Accounting Now is looking for a Reimbursement Specialist:
- Post cash to billing software
- Enter charges
- End of day cleanup to work rejected claims from clearing house
- Patient billing including: payment plans, printing/mailing bills, phone calls, unapplied transactions
- Scan and store files accordingly
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies with cash
- Assist with the financial reconciling for cash daily posted
- Work denied claims and follow up with applicable insurance carriers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to shift work focus at a fast pace, must adapt to steady change.
- Ability to use computer applications and systems to review data posted to billing software.
- Must possess superior data entry speed and accuracy.
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform tasks within assigned time frames.
- Must understand CPT and ICD as well as payer policies and government regulations concerning services and billing as well as the requirements of patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Must be able to work with associates, providers and patients with professionalism and courtesy.
- Experience: One year medical billing experience
- Education: High school diploma or GED