We work with companies that offer environments for our employees to contribute, learn, and advance their career. We treat you like you are part of the family.
Job Title: Real Estate Accounting Coordinator
Work Location: Charleston, SC
Duration: 3 month contract with option to hire
Education/Experience Required: Accreditation or degree from a two-year program with emphasis in accounting or finance required plus a minimum of one year accounting or finance experience required. ¿
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, provides accurate and timely data entry support for accounts receivable and other accounting functions for an assigned team with a defined portfolio of properties.
- Completes data entry to support a variety of accounts receivable transactions including lease abstracts, tenant terminations, manual billings, cash receipts postings, security deposits, applications of open credits/prepaid, verification of lockbox receipts and distribution of scheduled recurring billings and rent statements.
- Codes and enters accounts payable information including data entry of invoices, review of invoices input from the field, check voiding, manual checks, vendor refunds, verification of accounts payable audit trail, and mailing vendor checks.
- Provides clerical support for month-end processing by copying, organizing and binding reports.
- Creates and maintains financial files for reporting team.Monitors accounting databases to ensure timely and accurate processing of recurring payments.
- Assists with data entry for annual budgets.Assists with bank reconciliations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Accreditation or degree from a two-year program with emphasis in accounting or finance required plus a minimum of one year accounting or finance experience required.
- Degree from a four-year college or university program with an emphasis in accounting, finance or related field preferred.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees
- .Requires a basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) regulations including a basic knowledge of financial terms and principles to include accounting methods (cash, accrual, and full GAAP). Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations.
- Ability to solve problems in standard situations.
- Requires basic analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer software and hardware (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite Products).
For more information or to view other opportunities, visit us at www.paladininc.com.