The CSI Companies is actively seeking an Accounting Coordinator for our client located in the San Antonio, TX area.
Our task is to make sure the cash that leaves to our vendors is accurate. Also, we need to make sure we are making the right strategic moves covering all variables.
- Reconciles invoices by comparing to actual volumes transported, published tariffs, and contractual terms.
- Works with rail operations, refining, and commercial teams to investigate and resolve discrepancies affecting rail related costs.
- Communicates variances and resolutions to appropriate personnel.
- Provides management with actionable accounting analysis to effectively control rail costs.
- Conducts rail invoice auditing; rail demurrage auditing and rail detention auditing.
- Works with suppliers and rail carriers to resolve accounting disputes.
- Tracks active rail contracts and invoices counter parties for detention, track leases, and other expenses as assigned.
- Provides rail accounting support to internal customers including Transportation Accounting, Crude Accounting, Product Accounting, BSC & ACS departments.
- Ensures documentation adheres to solid accounting practice and/or GAAP requirements.
- Performs job duties in accordance with Client's guiding principles of Core Values, Shared Value, Superior Execution, Powerful Collaboration, and Exceptional People.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, finance, or related field
- SAP experience preferred
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), emphasis on Excel.
- Proficient in Excel (VLOOKUP’s, Ifs, Pivots, and other Intermediate to Advanced features)
- Minimum of two years’ experience in cost accounting
- Minimum 2 years cost accounting experience in transportation, logistics and/or supply chain management or equivalent combination of education and experience required