Capital Markets Python Developer
Candidate will be responsible for development of capital market application features supporting Cash
Securities, FX, Intercompany Loan and derivative trading businesses within a development team for the
Global Funding and Investments Technology organization within Charlotte, NC.
The primary application is a Corporate Investment trade lifecycle processing for Cash Securities, Exchange Traded Products and Interest Rate derivative trades for both International and Domestic traders.
This role is ideally suited for a Python developer with some banking business knowledge and regulatory compliance experience. Must be able to work with Users and Application groups to facilitate implementation.
The general criteria for any candidate are: Hard working, driven to success in a highly competitive environment, advanced degree preferred, no job hoppers, and local to Charlotte (prefer no commuters).
- A senior developer with a minimum of 3 years Python experience and/or 7 years Java development experience
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Design
- Strong knowledge of Python programming and syntax
- Strong understanding of transaction-oriented, distributed systems and concurrency issues
- Strong understanding of standard SDLC practices
- Strong unit testing, debugging and problem-determination skills
- Good oral and written communication skills, analytical skills and a highly professional attitude are essential
- Be proactive, a problem solver and be able to work with minimum supervision when given a goal
- Strong work ethic, leadership, attention to detail, assertiveness and initiative.
- Candidates should have experience with Capital Markets products (Fixed Income securities, Interest Rate Derivatives, FX Spot/Fwd/Swap, exchange-traded futures & options), trading systems and environments, and Front and Middle office processes in a trading environment
- Experience with Agile development process is a plus
- Experience with object databases is a plus
- Experience with YAML file syntax is a plus
Years of experience required:
Top 3 required IT/Technical skill-sets:
Java, Python, Quartz
w2 only- we cant not work with a third party firm. Must sit onsite in Charlotte
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options.